The Valley School for Dental Assisting’s CPR certification class is a two-hour course that is required for all health care providers, including Dental Assistants. The importance for CPR is often downplayed, so much so that the American Heart Association recently stated that, “Almost 90 percent of people who suffer out-of-hospital cardiac arrests die. CPR, especially if performed in the first few minutes of cardiac arrest, can double or triple a person’s chance of survival.”
This is just one of the few reasons CPR certification is a necessity for Dental Assistants, especially when working chairside with patients. Our CPR course is sponsored by the American Heart Association, which includes a CPR course completion card that is accepted in all US states.
During Your CPR Training, You Will Learn How To
- Determine whether an individual is conscious or unconscious
- Decide whether or not administering CPR is necessary
- Correctly use an automatic external defibrillator
- Clear an individual’s airway
- Properly perform chest compressions